Saturday, April 19, 2014

Expressions.

“There is vitality, a life force, energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.” 
- Martha Graham

So true. Everyone has a story to tell but not everyone shares it. To put it simple, everyone has something to share, but not every shares it. Being living beings, we are blessed to feel emotions, but unfortunately, we fail to express it.

Till now, a larger part of my life, I have lived in a closed cocoon. Not allowing anyone to get a peep into my thoughts. Until, all my unexpressed feelings came out in an uglier way than I had expected. No matter, how hard you try to suppress those unexpressed emotions; they will erupt from within and in unimaginable ways. Sometimes, you learn things in a hard way and unfortunately, I always end up gaining wisdom that way.

I realized how important it is to let your thoughts flow, to keep oneself connected. When we restrict our flow of communication, we limit our potential. We deny ourselves the freedom of expression. We refute our right to share our perspective with the rest of the world. We surrender ourselves to the opinions of others. We breathe in others views and we thrive under others fear. We simply exist, we are not alive. How can we, if we do not have our own expression?

My own experience with the expressing of thoughts has been transformational. It has helped me to embrace life, appreciate life, admire the beauty around and bring a change. Infact, this has been one my best learnings in my journey of MBA so far. To be authentic in your views, to stand by your view point what you feel is right, come what may, defines you. It only happens, when one has a clear thought and is able to communicate it to the outside world. And that’s what the characteristic of a leader is. It strengthens your inner faith. In times of confusion, when my heart and mind simply play with my thoughts, I pen down my opinion. I am sure; many of us have done that at one point of time. And we all know it helps. It helps us to know what we want, to listen to our inner voice.  And, it doesn't always have to be through a written expression – poetry or a vocal one. One can express through music, dance, cooking, art, indulging in small acts that help one to express ones emotions. It could be through voice, behavior and even through silence too. But it’s important that our thoughts be communicated and we stay connected.

So, connect with your inner soul where your true self resides. Allow your energy to truly flow out in form of expression and creativity. Let your inner wisdom and joy find a way out, to shine through and light the world outside.  
Explore yourself. Discover your voice. Express your thoughts.

I would like to know- what’s your medium of expression? Share your thoughts.

P.S.: When I say, silence can be a medium of expression too; I meant to achieve it through meditation, through chanting, through prayers. It’s the form of communication with God.

Continuing on my journey of self-discovery - expressing and staying connected! 

20 comments:

  1. Well done . Expression ,Exploration are the only way to EMPOWER yourself. Keep Expressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! N thank you for giving the EEE factor-- Expression. Exploration. Empowerment

      Delete
  2. I'm really impressed and admire your fluid style. Keep it flowing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. People have a lot of stuff going on in their heads all the time. To be able to express your thoughts in such a lucid manner speaks volumes of your grasp over the language. Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bharat for the words of appreciation. Means a lot!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree to your point that it's important to vent out your thoughts! But initially it is difficult to break out of the "cocoon" may be because you are more concerned about how you will be perceived by others. So it is important to be able to take that first step, thereafter I think "the energy will truly flow out"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they say, 'first step is the hardest' - yes, one need to overcome ones fear and have faith in oneself to let the energy truly flow out.

      Delete
  6. Flabbergasted to say the least! Very articulate along with coherence. There is good flow as well.
    I liked the point where you mentioned about expressing through silence - very valid point but not many people decide to take that route.
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarkar! Meditation has strong power and can truly transform anyone. I hope people will realize it.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written. The feather in the cap is the point wherein you said you discovered the power of expressions in your MBA. Happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deepz. MBA has taught me lot many things.. will keep you posted :-)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful piece of writing..Keep it up..Expressing yourself gives one a unique identity and self control...I think I should start expressing myself through silence...don't you?;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nicely written...Arushi...Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great reflection on expressions. Keep 'em coming.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your valuable comments/ feedback.